GRIEVANCES REDRESSAL MECHANISM, JETGI, Barabanki
(Scroll down to Register Grievance)
Students, Staff (Faculty and staff), parents and society are stakeholders of the institution and it is our focus to ensure transparency in all the activities. With this spirit, institute has designed a mechanism for grievance redressal. Grievance categories are as under –
|Stake holder||Grievance category||Resolving Authority|
|Students||Academic||Principal/ Dean/ Head|
|Non-academic (office/ Infra support)||Director/ AO|
|Disciplinary issues||Director/ Proctor|
|Harassment/ Ragging||Director/ Proctor|
|Women cell||Women cell in charge|
|SC/ST related matter||Director/ SC/ST cell in charge|
|Staff||HR related/ Harassment /other||Director/ Principal/ Dean|
|General Public||Any matter||Director|
There will be Grievance Redressal Committees at the Institution level to deal with the grievances of stakeholders: Committee will be as under:
- Head of Institute nominee (Director) Chairman
- Dean Member
- Principals Engineering College and Polytechnic Members
- Heads of the Department (HoD ME/CE/EC/EE/CSE/MBA/Media) Member
- Proctor Member Secretary
- Invited members on requirement basis
This Committee Head will deal all the grievances with concerned department (may be software assisted) and take reports from all concerned. The committee will do review policy matters, cases and reports and will entertain the appeal filed by the stakeholders against the decisions.
Procedure for Redressal of Grievances
- An aggrieved stakeholder who has a grievance can lodge complaint online (at website) or offline with concerned authority. Authority will inquire by way of fact finding and will try will try to redress the grievance within a reasonable time, preferably within a week and communicate the decision to the aggrieved person and all concerned. It will also submit a detailed report to grievance redressal cell through its head.
- If the stakeholder is not satisfied with the decision of the concerned authority/committee, he/she can submit an appeal to the grievance redressal committee within a week from the date of the receipt of the decision.
- Grievance redressal committee, after verifying the facts and reports, shall pass appropriate order in the best possible manner within a reasonable time, preferably within 10 days of receipt of application.
- If stakeholder is not satisfied with the decision, he/she can submit a review appeal to the head of institution (Director) within 7 days of receipt of decision of appeal.
- Grievance Redressal Committee, if needed, may recommend to the head of institution, necessary corrective action as it may deem fit, to avoid recurrence of similar grievance.
- While dealing with the complaint the committee/ authorities at all levels will observe law of natural justice and hear the complainant and concerned people. While passing a decision at any level the relevant provisions of Act/Regulations/ rules should be kept in mind to avoid contradiction of the same.